Street Rodder
Item Posts    Sort Order

I need some help with my custom car!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP

customvalley customvalley
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 09/22/08
02:26 AM

Hi Fellow rodders

I am building a 1952 Chevy Styleline which I have turned into a two door and chopped the roof 5"inchs.(it will be my Sled)

My dilema is the front windscreen, I need to find somebody who does them( chopped windows that is). I am in Melbourne, Australia but will be prepared to get one from the good old US of A. I need a 1 piece or 2 piece. I am not too fussy

Any help would be much appreciated.
regards

Danny
www.customvalleychoppers.com  

ekimball ekimball
Enthusiast | Posts: 344 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 09/22/08
01:51 PM

I'm not an expert but I think most of the time you need to send what is essentially a cut out of the exact window size, to ensure that it will fit.  

customvalley customvalley
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 09/30/08
03:01 PM

Thanks Ekimball but who would I send it too  

mikej6 mikej6
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 12/16/08
04:17 PM

FIND ANY AUTO GLASS SHOP THEY CAN CUT IT.
GET THE RUBBER GLASS WEATHER STRIP AND SEE THE GLASS IS THE SAME SIZE OF THE OPENING OR DOES IT OVER LAP THE EDGE. THE MAKE PATTERN
YOU CAN MAKE IT LARGER TO GLUE TO THE INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF THE LIP.
IF THE OLD GLASS IS GOOD YOU COULD TRY CUTTING IT YOU SELF,
GET A NEW CUTTER AND LUBE IT AND CUT IT ON BOTHSIDES WITH THE CUTS ENDING OF THE SIDES,THEN BEND UP AND DONE TILL IT IS LOOSE, THEN POUR LIGHTER FLUID ON CUT AND LITE, THEN CUT WITH A RAZOR BLADE.
YOU CAN GRIND WITH A BODY GRINDER VERY CAREFUL KEEP MOVING OR WILL BREAK GLASS.
WORTH TRYING  

riddler40 riddler40
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 12/18/08
12:13 PM

PLEASE HELP!!!
my husband has a 1959 stude lark 2 door post, in feb 08 issue pg 118 i found the motor mounts that he needs, i cant seem to find them. he is putting a sbc 350 in her w/a 350 turbo trans.. people say i need them custom made but wow i found a pic of them in mag.!! i googled "opie's parts" and cant find'em PLEASE HELP hubby is drivin me crazy =(. thanks riddler's wife
503-960-1576