1932 FORD FIBERGLASS BODIES

Street Rodder
Item Posts    Sort Order

1932 FORD FIBERGLASS BODIES

livewire5320 livewire5320
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 06/18/09
10:46 AM

I WOULD LIKE TO INTORDUCE MYSELF. I'M MICHAEL LA HOTE FROM SYLVANIA, OHIO. WE JUST RECENTLY PURCHASED THE MOLDS AND JIGS AND TOOLING FROM EL MIRAGE. THEY INCLUDE THE HARWOOD 32 ROADSTER...3W COUPE...AND 2DR. SEDAN / DELIVER. HARWOOD AS YOU KNOW WAS A QUALITY PRODUCT AND WE ARE FOLLOWING THE LAY UP SCHEDULE AND PROCEEDURE THAT THEY ORIGINALLY USED. WE ALSO HAVE A 32 FORD VICKI. LASTLEY,THE 1933 PD PLYMOUTH COUPE THAT ONCE WAS REDNECK IS OURS AND IN PRODUCTION.IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THESE ITEMS I CAN BE REACHED AT 419 841 0846 OR ON THE WEB AT WWW.MFPCLASSICCARS.COM  THANK YOU,MICHAEL  

joefinetti joefinetti
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/04/09
10:20 PM

Hello Mike,

I am considering purchasing a 32 ford roadster with harwood body. I can find very little about the quality of these online. Do you know if they were a well-made product?

Thanks,

Joe  

Posted: 07/06/09
05:46 AM

Hi Joe,
 Harwood from what I understand was one of the leaders in fit, finish and quality. Right up there with Wescott and Gibbons,Outlaw and Downs. Lately I have seen a lot of fiberglass bodies that look like a 32 Ford but are not anywhere near the quality that Harwood always maintained in their products. They won an ACE award for composits excellence and was a feature on Chuck and Joes HORSEPOWER TV on TNN. From 1994 TO 2000 HARWOOD claims to have made 175 roadster bodies. After seeing the craftsmanship and design of the molds themselves it was an easy decission to purchase them. And once again they are in production. We strictly follow the same lay up schedule that HARWOOD used in order to deliver the same quality product. Our employees have at least ten years eperience in fiberglass manufacturing and I have about 25. We have built cars from start to finish so we know how important each detail is in the production of each body. Please visit our website at www.classiccars.com  or call us at                419-841-0846 or toll free at 1-877-637-6686     Thank you Joe for your question.   Michael  

Trshman79 Trshman79
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/20/09
01:15 AM

Hi Joe and Mike, My father and I did the ulpholstery in the first harwood cars that came out. Mostly,my father. He would be the one you are seeing doing the interior in them, in the horsepower tv episodes. It was known as Hot Rot TV when he did the yellow one with the purple interior and I cant remember if it had changed to horsepower tv or was still hot rod tv when he did the 3 window coupe with the pearl white and purple interior, which is used in the pictures for Tennessee Speed Sport, not sure if they own the car now or just had a photo op with the car. He did the car that was featured on page 68 of the august 2002 issue of street rodder. Not meaning to to concentrate on his work, but he passed away in september of 2008. But it was of his opinion that they were the best bodies made at the time. They were not the thin fiberglass that you would see with other manufacturers. So Mike, if you making these bodies to the standards that Harwood was making them to, you have got a good product. The three window coupes were an excellent body and so were the roadsters, not sure if you got the moulds for those or not mike. I am surprised to see that they got out of those bodies. As I said they were excellent bodies and I'm sure they still are in your hands Mike. If you have any questions, contact me at Trshman79@aol.com, I have a lot of hands on experience with those bodies. Thank you, Mark  

Posted: 08/20/09
09:14 AM

Hi Mark,
  Sorry it took me so long to reply. July 18, I was t-boned by a driver who blew a stop light going 50 mph. I'm fine and getting back into the office and the swing of things. We had planned for six months to be at louisville. Had the booth and the reservations and the trailer loaded and ready to go and then the unexpected happened. Anyway,I'm sorry about your father. He was however right about the quality of these bodies. There is NOTHING like them in the industry. We follow HARWOOD'S lay up schedule and specs to the letter. And I hang and fit each door and deck lid personally. I certainly will getting in touch with you and want to thank you for sharing your father complaments with me. Also I have the roadster, 3/w coupe, 2dr sedan and sedan delivery. we also have a 32 vicki mold and REDNECKS 33 Plymouth P D coupe. We have a ebay store MFP CLASSIC CARS LLC. and a website www.mfpclissiccars.com  Thanks again. talk to you soon.

Sincerely,
                                                            Michael La Hote  

wasaths wasaths
New User | Posts: 20 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 09/05/09
11:57 PM

Hi, we live in Western Australia and will be going to the NSRA Nats at Louisville next year, our plan was to buy a 32 Roadster there and then drive it across to the west coast on holiday. Do you sell completed Roadsters or just the bodies etc.  We could be interested in a completed one? Cheers Toni  

Posted: 10/30/09
01:42 PM

Hello,
 We do offer complete turn key cars. Built to your specs. We have a full service shop as well as manufacturing facility. I'd love to hear from you. We plan on attending Louisville next year also.     419 841 0846   wwww.mfpclassiccars.com
Thanks, Michael  

RichKing RichKing
New User | Posts: 11 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 02/05/12
07:35 PM

Hmmmmmmmm..... NO WEBSITE  

www.customsalley.com www.customsalley.com
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 02/07/12
07:11 PM

Hello Michael

this is tommy with wildrod design we have just decided on selling all of th 7 models of 37 and 40 wildrod fiberglass molds and tooling jigs. if this interests you please visit ebay or contact us at customsalley@gmail.com thanks  

bewelch bewelch
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 06/13/12
08:00 PM

Michael,

Would you happen to know who manufactured the 32 grille inserts for Harwood?  I need to procure 1 of those grill inserts as I am finishing a 3 window coupe w/a Harwood grill shell.  That grill shell is taller and narrower than a stock 32.
Please advise,
Bud Welch
Email me or phone me at 512/650-5886

Thank you!