1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

NSRA Changes We Need to Write Them - NOW - Please Read & Send Letter

RHHOTROD RHHOTROD
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/20/09
02:59 PM

We ALL Need to write letters to the NSRA - Right Now

I just had a nice conversation with the NSRA about the change to Pre-1980 at All of their event. Yes, that is their intension starting in 2010 all NSRA events will be Pre 1980.
The strong suggestion from the NSRA was to MAIL THEM A LETTER with your comments/ suggestions. Something in Mailed Letter form carries much more weight.

Suggest that at least the Street Rod Nationals stay Pre 1949.
I don't know that we can change their minds on all the events, but lets keep the Nationals Pre 1949 is it has always been.

I strongly urge all of us to write to them and voice your feelings towards this change. Those of us who are NSRA members especially do have a voice.
Let them hear it.
I suggest you include your Membership Number if you are a member. But write them even if you are not.

My suggestion is that at least the NSRA Nationals in Louisville stay Pre-1949.

Here is their address:

National Street Rod Association
4030 Park Avenue
Memphis, TN 38111

If we want any chance at changing their mind on this we need to do this NOW.

My Second suggestion is we start a petition
     or several that participants can sign.

Take them to your fellow Street Rodders get them signed and mail them in to the NSRA. If you are attending an NSRA event take one with you. Don't be shy fellow Street Rodders will cheerfully help you...
Sit outside registration for even an hour and you will get many names. Then mail it in...
Take several copies of a petition letter and past them out for others to gather names and mail in. Include an addressed envelope to NSRA would even be better so it will get sent. Make it easy...

Now is the time to do this!!!

We can also have that at this years Nationals to urge the Pre 1949.
But that may be to late as sign up for the next (2010)year is already in motion by that time.

How ever you can, as much as you can...write the letters... This must happen Now
We have 2 choices.... Give it our best try to do something ....or... we can just sit and Cry about it

Come on gang...this is not as hard as all the work you do on your cars.
Lets show a united effort on this.

Thanks for listening,
     and for your support if you choose to do so.

I have included here below a Petition you can Print, get Signed and Mail in.
Or you may Draft your own.

Thanks, Ron

To: National Street Rod Association

We the members of NSRA are very concerned about the proposed change to include post 1948 vehicle years at NSRA events. We are especially opposed to the change in conjunction with the NSRA Street Rod Nationals. We strongly urge you to reconsider the change and keep many or at least the NSRA Street Rod Nationals a Pre 1949 vehicle event.

One of our main reasons for becoming NSRA members is our interest in the Pre 1948 "Street Rods". There are plenty of events all through North America for "newer" year vehicles. Please don't take this "One of a Kind" event away from the very members who have made Street Rodding and the NSRA Street Rod Nationals what it is today.

We all can, and do appreciate, other year vehicles. Many of us even own other year Hot Rods. However we would like to see at least the Street Rod Nationals stay a Pre 1949 Street Rod Only event as it has always been. We appreciate the NSRA staff's work and many, many hours of work over the years of fellow member volunteers. We urge you to consider the year change carefully and keep the spirit of those who have worked so hard and participated over the years.

Thank you for your interest in our concerns.

Sincerely, NSRA Member  

joemac joemac
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 05/01/09
08:45 AM

Yes we are all pissed off about the change, but why limit pre '49 to one event? We want them all to stay pre'49 or at the very least pre '59. I think what we need is a new organization who will actually listen to their members, unlike NSRA who has two people who decide what they want. We all know it's all about the money. The solution to this problem is to double the membership fees and the event fees, viola, double your income. I have written to NSRA and suggested this, but have not recieved a reply. I also wrote letters to all the Division Directors. I will not sign a petition that only addresses one event. Everyone I talked to at the Western Nats was opposed to the change. Also NSRA was so sneaky about releasing the information about this that I had to read about it on Hotrod Hotline. NSRA wouldn't even print the info in their own magazine. Also the event director at the Western Nats avoided the issue altogether and wouldn't even mention it at the awards cerimony. How's that for takeing no responsibility???

So, send out a new petition to change all of the events, or let's keep hammering at NSRA or find someone else to start a new organization!!!

A really torqued off hot rodder and NSRA member (For now, we'll see).  

Sundance46 Sundance46
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/10/09
07:01 PM

I've been a member for many years with NSRA. I'm a safety inspector and talked with many rodders at Knoxville this past weekend. No one is happy about the 30 year rule. NSRA's website plainly list a Street Rod as pre '49. Now 30 years and older will be allowed in. NO WAY!!! You'll have anyone with anything pre '80 driving in just to be there. The tuners, mustangs, 4X4's. It's just not the place. People come to the NSRA events looking for the true "Street Rods"!! I enjoy the other year models, but in their own place!! What will NSRA call it's new club? It can't be National Street Rod Association any longer. As of this year, I will no longer be an inspector or a member!  

richc richc
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/19/09
02:47 PM

I have been suggesting to my Street Rod friends that after the car giveaway on Saturday at the Nationals, everyone show up at the NSRA booth and turn in your membership card. Of course you may want to wait until the 2010 giveaway because it might be a 69 Camaro or how about a 1980 Monte with 24 inch wheels, you know, like the one parked next to you at any NSRA 'Street Rod' show next year. I talked to the NSRA (Knoxville) booth and was told that the reason for the change was 'some of the members have younguns that want to attend with their newer car'. I have no problem with the newer rides (matter of fact, they have made great doner cars for real Street Rods) but I am an NSRA member because of the STREET ROD terminology. I also have a Hot Rod (51 Chevy) but I'm not interested in taking it to any NSRA event because "IT'S NOT A STREET ROD". Another reason given for opening up the shows was because of the shrinking (dying) membership, even though the NSRA boasts about the 'over 200,000' members. OKAY NSRA, raise your dues, raise the entry, but don't raise the cutoff.
NSRA member #224868  

rloizzi rloizzi
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 06/09/09
05:27 PM

I just came back from the Street Rod Nationals East in York Pa. That's when I heard about the proposed changes. There were over 3600 pre-49 Street Rods registered for this event. Granted this is lower than the peak when we saw over 5000 vehicles entered. But then, campers were allowed in the fairgrounds back then and the fairgrounds didn't close at 10pm (but that's a discussion for another day). Every person I spoke to about these changes, without exception, was totally unhappy about it. NSRA even claims they had "overwhelmingly positive" responses from "members" regarding these changes. WHO DID THEY ASK?????? The worst part was when I logged into the hotel computer the screen saver was an NSRA official looking banner with a picture of a BONE STOCK 1980 Chevy Citation on it. Man, that blew my mind!!! I couldn't believe my own eyes. I took a picture of it on my cell phone because I knew other members would not just take my word for it. Is this what NSRA is coming to? Even more, are there any Citations still running around. And if so, WHY??? Please write to NSRA and let them know how pissed you really are. If changes are needed do we have to jump 30 years right off the bat? WTF??????  

notforsale notforsale
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 06/12/09
01:01 PM

Won't do any good they allready made their minds up and it's the way it is. All I can say if they think it won't change streetrod nationals or any other show they put on well guess again.

They want it that way for one reason the money thats it nothing else.

Maybe if everyone would walk away from their shows they would think twice but I allways said this was going to come to a end. I'm a younger streetrodder and I have streetrods of my own. So why change the system because of younger streetrodders. yeah ok. This is what I say if you want to come to the show then show up in a pre 48 car thats it. plain and simple. If I wanted a nova or a vega I would of spent the money on that instead of what I have...
I won't sign up again if they do this. I could care less about being in the NSRA or not.
(Just for the money) is the name of their new club........  

46highboypu 46highboypu
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 06/12/09
05:19 PM

I too found strange that 98% of the members wanted the change, that must be 9 of the ten people they asked who worked in their office. They sure wasted a lot of time and money getting states to legalize street rod registration and plates with the pre '49 date. Doesn't that make it legally that only pre '49 can be street rods? Will the national corvette club now have to take citations?
I joined the NSRA only after I was building a street rod, because that is the way it should be.  

notforsale notforsale
Posted: 06/13/09
03:25 PM

Just got my copy of NSRA Mag in the mail and turned to the second or third page and it tells you about the upcoming season for 2010. NOT GOOD NEWS.

Frown  Frown  Frown  

Dakotah Dakotah
New User | Posts: 19 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 06/26/09
12:28 PM

This discussion has been all over alot of sites and mags and it doesn't seem like too many like it.Probably a majority of us love all kinds if cars ,trucks and motorcycles,and own a variety of them as I do.However I ,like many others joined because it was a association of pre 49 vehicle owners and enthusiasts.If I want to attend a HOG rally I took my Harley,not my Willys ,and vise versa.  

Grumpyoleguy Grumpyoleguy
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 06/28/09
06:50 PM

My first post here. I've been a street rodder for many years and an NSRA for most of that time also. I drive from Florida to Lville to see real street rods not late model junkers. If the NSRA goes through with the thirty yaer rule I will not be a member. So as far as I'm concerned this will be my last year. Looks like we best start another show for real street rodders?  

notforsale notforsale
Posted: 07/26/09
12:27 PM

HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ON THIS..
I WROTE LETTER DIDN'T GET ANUYTHING BACK.
MY MEMBERSHIP IS DUE NEXT MONTH AND I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANY NEWS CHANGE YET. Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  

48dod870 48dod870
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/04/09
01:39 PM

I am not presently a member but I have been I did not renew my membership afew years ago because I sold my street rod and got a 1962 chevy. Now the 62 is gone !  So I thought about rejoining the NSRA Ijust got a 1948 mopar, but I find that I will have to dealwith TUNNERS, IMPALAS, GALAXIES , ETC. NOOOO THANKS .The aformentioned are not STREET RODS.  There are plenty of events for them to atend with out messing with  A TRUE STREET ROD EVENT If the The NSRA goes thru with this, I WILL NOT RE JOIN THE NSRA OR WILL I ATEND ANY NSRA EVENT I origanly joined because of my love of PRE 48 cars. Thanks for listening . 48dod870  

1low64 1low64
Posted: 08/09/09
02:11 PM

My personal opinion is you guys have a right to be pissed off about the pre 1980 thing. I own a 1964 Impala 2 door hardtop and I will be building it as a lowrider, I would never dare take my 64 to the Street Rod Nationals because it isn't a street rod. I've attended the street rod nationals in Louisville, KY since I was kid and love it, it's actually one of my favorite shows to attend since Carl Casper's is a joke now. I hope they don't make this show end up like Carl Casper's. Most of the lowriders feel the same way as you guys and respect your hobby with the exception of the few idiots that give us all a bad reputation. The lowriders who are true car people understand why we've had slurs thrown our way, we don't go to the street rods to see muscle cars that's what good guys and carl caspers are for. We don't want this show to become a mockery anymore than you guys do.

The latest I would take the show to is pre 54 and that is the very latest. Hopefully everything works out in your favor and if you need any lowrider backing on writing letters let me know. I'll do everything I can to help you guys out.  

Ronn10 Ronn10
Posted: 08/09/09
07:12 PM

I have been a member since 1976 and only missed two events. I think this is change is only for the money it brings to NSRA. Why ruin such a good event? There are plenty of other car events that happen around the U.S.. Most of us have other cars that we could bring to the NATS but that why we go to the NATS for StreetRods. Not for 1980 Citations, 4X4s and Pintos. You guys really need to think this one through. This is a very sorry decision.  

WILLYC WILLYC
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/11/09
02:39 PM

I AM VERY CONCERNED/PISSED OFF ABOUT THIS CHANGE TO PRE 1980 CARS! ARE YOU PEOPLE INSANE???!!!! I DO THINK THIS IS CRAZY!!!!   IT IS MY LOVE OF PRE 1948 VEHICLES THAT I JUST JOINED THE N.S.R.A.  I THINK IT IS GONNA BE A MAJOR PROBLEM BRINGING THESE CHANGES! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH MANY OF THE MEMBERS I SPOKE WITH AT THE U.S. NATIONALS OVER THE PAST WEEKEND IN LOUISVILLE,KENTUCKY! I REALLY ENJOY THIS EVENT AND IT WAS MY SECOND EVENT TO COME TO WITH MY TRUE STREETRODDING FRIENDS! THEY ARE MEMBERS AND HAVE EURGED ME TO JOIN AFTER MANY YEARS. I DO STRONGLY WISH THAT YOU THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE N.S.R.A. THINK THIS OVER.  
I THINK IF YOU DO ANYTHING TO CHANGE THIS JUST BUMP UP THE YEAR MODELS TO PRE 1959 AND NO NEWER! PLEASE KEEP THE SPIRIT OF STREETRODS IN MIND! I REALLY AGREE WITH THE T-SHIRTS I SAW NSRA [NOT STREETROD ANYMORE}...JUST ABOUT SAYS WHAT IT GONNA BE!!
I DO THINK THIS WILL BE THE BEGINNING OF THE END AS THE N.S.R.A.  I THINK AS ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS YOU ARE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE IN GOING WITH THIS CHANGE!
WILLYC  
TUPELO,MISSISSIPPI  

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last