honest opinions to help me decide on auction for my '34 Ford street ro

Street Rodder
Item Posts    Sort Order

honest opinions to help me decide on auction for my '34 Ford street ro

Bart in FL Bart in FL
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/25/13
08:39 AM

I would like some honest opinions to help me decide whether or not to send my '34 Ford Tudor to auction in March. Selling it to start a new fresh build of a '33 Steel Coupe...  Before I list it, I would like honest opinions as to whether or not it would be an appropriate addition to an auction,  what, in your opinions, would be a reasonable reserve price, and what, on a conservative basis, should it sell for.
IMG 5842
The car is a 1934 Ford Model 40 Tudor Street Rod, all steel body, 350/350, originally designed and built by a rod shop in Palm Bay, FL in the early '70s.  It was "lost" for 20 years and, eventually "found" in a lawn care maintenance shed in So.Florida.  I restored it back to how it was originally built & pinstripped, with a few modern updates. Engine is being replaced as we speak due to a broken crank, so it will have less than 100 miles on the engine, with a GM crate engine warranty. Vintage A/C, B&M sport shifter, USB/CD AM/FM sound system.  Doors are all solenoid controlled. Front Disc Power Brakes, rear drums. 650cc Carb. Electronic Ignition, etc. Adjustable Coil over shocks. Mustang 2 front end, 9" ford rear. Paint is 1 year old, rims have the original Patina (Rocket rims). (Should I replace with shiny chrome for more appeal?)

Here's a link to some recent pictures...

Photos | Photobucket's Top Collections of Pictures & Images | Photobucket

I would appreciate your honest opinions.

Thanks!  Bart in FL