Newsletter

Voltage problem with AC/Heater blower on.

Street Rodder
Item Posts    Sort Order

Voltage problem with AC/Heater blower on.

dennisbc21 dennisbc21
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/04/12
08:41 PM

I have a Gibbons body fiberglass 1933 Ford 3 window coupe with Vintage Air, Westach gauges, Ron Francis panel and painless wiring. When you turn on the blower for the AC or heat the gauge readings for volts & fuel level go down and oil pressure read goes up whether the engine (Chev 383 stroker)is running or not. AC/heat & gauge feed are on separate circuits. Any suggestions?  

Confused  

waynep71222 waynep71222
New User | Posts: 44 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 12/05/12
01:33 AM

absolutely...

first....  run the second half of this test with the engine running.. the headlights on and the heater blowing running...  usually at medium.. not HIGH...

VOLTAGE Drop Testing

please post results by number...

1..__________

2..__________

3.__________

4.__________

since you have a fiberglass car.. ground wire sizes are important...

this is an easy test to run... please practice it on your normal car first...  again engine running.. headlights on.. so you know what your digital volt meter is going to read on a hopefully normally operating car..

i am not familiar with how that model handles the ground side.. but i bet we will before you are done...

please PRINT the voltage drop test.. above ...  its an image like a photograph...

awaiting readings...  i check in here usually twice a day...   early morning.. and late at night.  

dennisbc21 dennisbc21
09:46 AM

I appreciate the response very much but I can't read it. maybe because the font size is too large? The right side of your test is blown off the page. Please re-post in a different format or direct e-mail to dennisbc21@comcast.net

Thanks,
Dennis  

dennisbc21 dennisbc21
09:47 AM

I appreciate the response very much but I can't read it. maybe because the font size is too large? The right side of your test is blown off the page. Please re-post in a different format or direct e-mail to dennisbc21@comcast.net

Thanks,
Dennis  

waynep71222 waynep71222
11:15 PM

battery in the trunk....

Use a single jumper cable to extend from the battery negative terminal in the trunk...

or create a long test lead..

late 80s to mid 90s front wheel drive caddys have some neat red or black terminal blocks with a single 10MM stud..  and a hinged cover..  

since you have a grounding bar... do the tests as described..

also test the grounding bar... you might need to increase the wire diameter to that....  

waynep71222 waynep71222
11:17 PM

dennis..   log back in...   below left of each of your posts... is an EDIT POST link...  click it and knock out your email address..  then click POST.. the text will be there.. the email address will be gone.. so you don't get burried in spam...   really who needs little blue pills in bottles of 500....

Voltagedroptesting

Uploaded with ImageShack.us