Versimold

Street Rodder
Item Posts    Sort Order

Versimold

Rowe-Performance Rowe-Performance
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 07/13
Posted: 07/16/13
12:16 PM

There is a new product out on the market that is perfect for car hobbyists/enthusiasts called Versimold.  It is a ready to use silicone that can be molded into gaskets, bumpers, o-rings etc.  perfect for antique cars where availability of these parts are scarce.  It molds then cures by applying a heat gun, turns into a durable rubber part.  We also are the manufacturers of ER tape, a silicone rubber self-fusing tape that is superior to other brands in the market.  Both were just featured on Stacey David's Gearz show.  Visit us on our website and take a look - www.Rowe-Performance.com  

indcontrols indcontrols
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/13
12:50 PM

I saw that stuff on a kaiser website. Awesome stuff, you can make just about anything - just like molding with plah-doh, then heat it up and have a new part !!  
Hotrodder, Racer, Inventor

indcontrols indcontrols
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/13
02:00 PM

I found a video of someone making parts - too cool !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBRfK_DaS5k  
Hotrodder, Racer, Inventor

02:03 PM

Nice!  It really is amazing stuff.  

mprpich mprpich
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/13
Posted: 07/17/13
12:43 PM

I have used both Versimold and ER tape. I can't imagine not have either in my tool box from now on.  

Posted: 07/17/13
01:39 PM

The tape is really the best I have seen as far as fusing to itself instantly.  With it being silicone rubber, you can stretch and apply it.  A good thing to carry in the toolbox along with versimold because there are so many uses for both.  Glad you liked them!  

Posted: 07/30/13
10:14 AM

Here is a link from Stacey David's Gearz show featuring ER Tape and Versimold

http://youtu.be/NlRrVQVfFm4  

Posted: 09/13/13
06:14 AM

starting to develop more colors for the versimold.  we have added blue, red, orange, green and yellow to the versimold line.  

waynep712222 waynep712222
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 07/13
Posted: 09/17/13
01:00 PM

wow... the versimold is neat stuff..

i use the ER tape all the time.. usually the orange on battery cables and spark plug wires where they pass the headers or exhaust...

i use the black ER tape.. on tricky spots...   like spark plug boots... i also use it on the spark plug boots that go down into the cylinder head usually found on coil on plug ignition systems.. mostly when i am awaiting for either parts to come in or customers money to build up..  like a 95 jaguar XJ6.. the coils are 175 bucks each.. and the boots come with them.. there is one supplier that has the boots individually.. so i wrap them to cut down on the high voltage leaks while awaiting the replacement boots..

i have also ... wrapped my socket extensions with ER tape.. the sides of a few sockets... and also some of my steel handled ratchets when i need to work in the sun... my hands are huge.. so i cannot find gloves to fit so i bare hand everything...

great video... here it is linked

http://youtu.be/NlRrVQVfFm4  

it really does not stick well to older radiator hoses .. soaked in coolant and oil..

and i very much disagree that it will hold that much pressure without a a woven material or overbraid incorporated into the layers...  

Posted: 09/19/13
11:07 AM

Glad to hear that you are all ready familiar with the ER tape.  The tape pretty much fuses to itself, just have to make sure that whatever you are wrapping is clean and free of contaminants.  Depends on the thickness of the tape for the pressure comment and how many wraps you give it.  We manufacture tape with a mil thickness of up to 0.080  

jalopy45 jalopy45
New User | Posts: 34 | Joined: 07/07
Posted: 09/23/13
04:56 AM

Is it just me or is it a coincidence that everyone else on this thread just happened to all join the forum at the same time??? or is it free advertising and promotion?: aka: Untitleddcfg Zps85b7e23b  

waynep712222 waynep712222
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 07/13
Posted: 09/28/13
08:38 AM

i agree it should be in the blog.. or the new announcements..

except that i use the tape weekly.. i purchase it from a different source.. last roll i ordered.. i ask for it to be shipped since that exact roll was not in stock... the next morning there was a knock on the door at 7 am.. and a roll of tape and 70 bucks worth of other items i had ordered were delivered .. i guess i should specify which way i want it shipped..

as for spam.. i have it in my kitchen.. goes great with canned corn ..

Untitleddcfg Zps85b7e23bUntitleddcfg Zps85b7e23bUntitleddcfg Zps85b7e23b  i ate one of the 4 pack from costco this morning.
fried 1/4" slabs in flower tortillas.

oh.. and jalopy45.. yes that is strange..