Street Rodder
Item Posts    Sort Order

Good Rodder Posters ?

Hiboy2000 Hiboy2000
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/23/13
02:17 AM

Hi to all,

I want to give a better look to my Garage so, I'm looking for some cool Hot Rod/Custom posters, with a beautiful presentation of the vehicle as we can see on streetrodder website pictures, but bigger than what we can find in magazines, size 17"x24", like this:

%5Bpictures 4Ever

When I search on ebay with keywords like "hot rod/ Custom/ Poster/ Art Print", I find, thing like that:

Rt66diner Lg2

Wich keywords will give me a better result ?

In specialized shop, it's easy to find Mustang, Ferrari or Porsche posters, but Hot Rod are really rare !

Mustangevolution

thanks  

waynep71222 waynep71222
New User | Posts: 44 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 03/25/13
07:51 AM

most of the around 40 automotive magazines on this site have a multimedia link above right..

there are wall papers for your desk top...    at 1200x 1600 pixels.. they are not high enough resolution to actually print out really HUGE like you want..

i don't know what happened to them on this site..  perhaps somebody sneezed..

there was a HOT ROD TV episode... where david took the viewers into the photo archive room.. it made me drool all those images.. just stored in drawers.. decades of them.. some used in print.. most not..

this is from Hrm..

http://www.hotrod.com/newsletter/hrdp_0210_hot_rod_archives/

Hot Rod Archives - Starting Line

The Best Room In The Building

Hot Rod Magazine, February, 2009

I dreamt the other night that I found a secret portal in the depths of our old photo library, one that led to catacombs stacked in every corner with HOT ROD heritage. There were shelves of dusty speed parts-Winfield carbs, Ardun heads, complete Rajo setups-followed by room after room of engines of every description: a Mickey Thompson Pontiac Tempest four-banger on a stand, V-8 60s stacked like cordwood, most of an experimental hemi-head Olds, and what I think was a Gurney-Westlake Mopar small-block. Past that were acres of abandoned project cars I'd read about all my life: the lost HOT ROD roadster pickup and the Suddenly Plymouth and the Flashback '57 and maybe the Denimachine and that drag T roadster the staff built in, like, '78 or something. It was one of those dreams you didn't want to wake up from.

In the top drawer of my desk is the key to that exact fantasy realized in paper and celluloid. It opens the door to the HOT ROD archives with a waft of stale air that always reminds me of the dank little room filled with dripping green pipes that was adjacent to the parking garage at our old 8490 Sunset Blvd. office building. That's where HOT ROD's oldest existing documents and images were stored before we moved to the Ivory Towers of Wilshire Blvd., and it was in that dungeon I discovered the glory of rodding's black and white history. Many of those old photographic prints were destroyed by water damage and thrown away during the move, and it sickens me to think of the volume of irreplaceable images that have been lost, pilfered, or simply misfiled into oblivion over the subsequent years. Equally unfathomable is the amount of stuff we still have, and not just photos and negatives and slides, but press kits, race programs, magazine back-issues, and old books. Any automobilia nut would freak out to spend an hour in the place, but it's off limits to all but a select few.

It's one of the major perks of the job to just linger down there. You can pick up any random stack of negatives and marvel at never-before-seen shots of cars you've always known about, or simply lose yourself in the cool stuff from any of hot rodding's bygone eras. We've got drag racing, Bonneville, NASCAR, and road racing, all from about 1955 and up. There are complete buildups on hot rods that never ran in any magazine, plus piles and piles of inside shots of all the legendary personalities, some of which are not fit to print. The old drag action caught on medium format is unreal, and the color of the old Kodachrome remains vivid as the day it was shot. It's cool to read the old log books in Wally Parks' own hand, or notations made by Eric Rickman when he handed in film from his journeys with the Safety Safari. There's original film from the likes of Bob D'Olivo, Tom Medley, Bud Bryan, Bob McClurg, and often the most fascinating stuff is the underground, backwoods photos of nothing in particular. Just the era. The place is thick with Baskerville's notes, rants, and raves. On one folder he penned, simply, "bitchin!" That describes the whole place. Gray often said that the legacy captured on film is the most tangible element that separates HOT ROD from all the rest; everyone's got the memories, but HOT ROD was there and has the film to prove it.

Not that any of this does you much good, because you can't get in the archives and we don't sell the prints. Sadly, the place is disorganized and no longer staffed. The good news is that I'll be glad to spend as many hours as I can digging up the best of our unpublished legacy and bringing it to you in From the Archives each month. Eat your heart out.-David Freiburger

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/newsletter/hrdp_0210_hot_rod_archives/#ixzz2OYzCqmLp  

waynep71222 waynep71222
New User | Posts: 44 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 03/25/13
07:58 AM

the Video...

http://videos.hotrod.com/video/HOT-ROD-Archives-Room-Video-Tou

be sure to have some napkins nearby to clean up any drool.. as i needed them when i watched it.  

Hiboy2000 Hiboy2000
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/27/13
11:54 PM

Yeah ! it’s impressive to see it !

I read something similar about Barris Kustom City in North Hollywood, the archives room is full of hundreds boxes with thousands photos and negatives in black and white or color.